If you’re looking for something fun to talk about around the dinner table, water cooler, or anywhere else where fascinating conversations happen, I’m going to show you 10 verifiable real estate facts that will shock, entertain and amaze you!
1. The world’s largest treehouse has over 80 rooms, 10 floors and took the builder over 14 years to build.
2. The five-story pagoda building in Horyuji, Japan, is the oldest wooden building on earth. It was built with timber from trees that were harvested in 600 A.D.
3. Since the Empire State Building was opened during the Great Depression, much of its space initially went unrented. As a result, many New Yorkers referred to the building as the “Empty State Building.”
4. There are hundreds of ancient stones along the coast of Japan’s tsunami-affected areas that say, “Do not build your homes below this point!”
5. The primary purpose of a Castle’s moat was to prevent attackers from digging tunnels under the walls.
6. Adolf Hitler once owned a mansion in Hollywood that he never stepped foot in.
7. There are castles for sale in France that cost less than a two bedroom apartment in Australia.
8. Canada and Denmark have disputed their claim to Hans Island for decades. Both countries will periodically visit the island to remove the other country’s flag and leave a bottle of Danish Schnapps or Canadian Whiskey. This is how friendly nations wage war.
9. From 1908 – 1940, Sears, Roebuck and Co. sold about 70,000 – 75,000 mail-order houses. They arrived as a kit and came with most modern conveniences. Some of them still exist today.
10. The makers of “Extreme Makeover Home Edition” had to downsize their makeovers due to families not being able to afford utility bills.
Check in next week for our next 10 crazy REAL real estate facts!
Sourced from retipster.com